Diabetes is a chronic disease that needs patient self care and careful monitoring. At IMC we primarily work with type two, adult onset Diabetes.
Most often patients use a careful integration of healthy lifestyle choices with good diet and exercise, prescription medicines and supplements & vitamins to enhance their health.
Issues to address
- Blood pressure is the most important thing to control.
- Blood sugar control needs to be monitored.
- Education about Diabetes is key for all patients and families.
Common Questions IMC Can Address
- Will I need to use insulin shots?
- How can I lose weight and stay with an exercise program?
- My family won’t eat the diet that I need to eat, what do I do?
- The Basics: healthy eating, exercise and stress management is most important.
- Building those healthy habits into your daily life is a major emphasis at IMC.
- Blood Pressure control is most important in Diabetes.
- Salt restriction MAY be helpful.
- Modest weight loss – 5 pounds – can make a big difference.
- Weight management is important.
- Glucophage or “Metformin” – a prescription medication – is a very important consideration, even for pre-diabetic patients.
- Non-prescription supplements using healthy fiber to block sugar absorption may help.
- Stress management, self hypnosis, cognitive behavioral therapy can help you stay with your healthy choices.
TESTIMONIAL ~ "IMC is what I have been waiting for, for years… it really helps. They are on the right track”