Ellen Barnett, MD, PhD
An Integrative Family Physician, supporting you and your family, to identify and meet your health goals with special interest in women’s health, bio-identical hormones and health coaching.
Offering Above & Beyond Care™ (ABC™) Membership a concierge medicine option for individuals and families to experience priority, convenience, and personalized care.
“It’s like having a doctor in the family.”
Scope of Practice & Special Interests
- Full scope of family medicine – all members of a family including newborns, children & elders
- Women’s Health – menopause, including bioidentical hormones, osteoporosis, healthy aging, chronic medical conditions, final phase of life issues
- Choose Health – Change Happens – Dr. Barnett provides personalized support to help you reach your goals
- PATH – Dr. Barnett facilitates a monthly support group that works on individual goals
- Mind-body approaches to care
- Myofascial Release work & training for self care
Training & Experience
Dr. Barnett is committed to helping her patients create their picture of health, design the tiny steps, and incorporate a variety of support mechanisms to reach their goal.
- BA – University of California at Berkeley
- PhD Education – University of Southern California, 1972
- MD – Case Western University, 1980
- Family Practice Residency – Sutter Medical Center, then Community Hospital, Santa Rosa, 1980-1983
- Faculty and Faculty Medical Practice, Sutter Residency, 1987-2001
- Board Certified Family Medicine – 1983 to present
- Associate Clinical Professor Family and Community Medicine, UCSF
- Integrative Medical Clinic of Santa Rosa – 2001-present
TESTIMONIAL ~ “I just wanted to say thank you. You changed my pain level from really high to just about zero. I was impressed; you made my life so much easier. I am able to use my hand and arm. Thank you for being so knowledgeable, so warm and so understanding.”