There are many causes of headaches. Most are not life threatening. If you ever have the ‘worst headache of your life’ you need to consult a physician immediately. Migraine headaches are different from tension/muscle headaches, both can be severe, and many people have both types.
Issues to Consider
- The type of headache. Many patients have different headaches they can identify.
- What could be causing the headaches?
- How is your sleep pattern?
- The history of the headaches- when did they start, what makes them worse?
- For women – what is the relation to your periods?
Common Questions IMC Can Address
- What types of alternative treatments can help headaches?
- Does IMC prescribe medications for headaches?
- The IMC Balance of Health is Critical in Pain Management
- Keep a pain diary to see what might trigger headaches.
- Relaxation skill building can help release muscle tension.
- Massage and Myofascial release for muscle tightness.
TESTIMONIAL ~ "I know that I am in a 100% better place since coming to IMC. I’m not just given pills and sent away, but I have learned a lot about pain, and other ways to help live my life."