Medical visits with an MD physician at IMC usually are at least partially covered by insurance. Physicians are ‘out of network’ for most insurance except Medicare. The amount covered varies on your particular coverage. Some insurance plans also cover specific complementary services such as chiropractic
It is your responsibility to know your insurance coverage and report it accurately to IMC staff with each visit.
To find out the specific details of your insurance plan, call the toll-free customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
For ‘Out of Plan’ Coverage
- We collect the full fee for the visit, at the time of service.
- For some provider visits, we submit the bill to your insurance as a courtesy to you. For others, we will generate a superbill which you will need to submit to insurance for reimbursement determination.
- Your insurance company will reimburse you directly for any covered amount.
Physicians at IMC are Contracted as Follows
- Our Medical Doctors are contracted with Medicare PPO plans, under the Part B coverage. Physicians are NOT contracted with any HMO plans, including Medicare HMO and are out-of-network with private insurance.
- All providers are out-of-network with Medi-Cal / Partnership plans.
- Our Chiropractor is a contracted provider for many insurance carriers, including Kaiser and Medicare. Please contact your insurance carrier to determine if you have chiropractic benefits included in your specific plan.
- Our Otolaryngologist (ENT) is a contracted provider for many insurance carriers, including some HMO’s. As a specialist, co-pay may higher than standard office visit, and a referral may be required by your carrier. Please contact your insurance carrier to determine if a referral or authorization is needed for ENT consultations.
For any services that are not covered, or only partially covered by insurance, the full fee is the total responsibility of the patient. We require payment at the time of service. We accept cash, checks and VISA & MASTERCARD. We send statements (bills) monthly for any outstanding balance. A service fee is charged if stated insurance coverage is not accurate and administrative time is needed to clarify coverage.
Drs. Barnett and Dozor, Family Doctors at IMC, offer to YOU what insurance coverage cannot offer – the health care you have Imagined.