Medical visits with an MD physician at IMC usually are at least partially covered by insurance. Physicians are ‘out of plan’ for most insurance except Medicare. The amount covered varies on your particular coverage. Some insurance plans also cover specific complementary services such as chiropractic and counseling.
It is your responsibility to know your insurance coverage and report it accurately to IMC staff with each visit.
To find out the specific details of your insurance plan, call the toll-free customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
For ‘Out of Plan’ Coverage
- Insurance will pay for part of the cost of the visit.
- We collect the full fee for the visit, at the time of service.
- We submit the bill to your insurance as a courtesy to you.
- Your insurance company reimburses you directly for the covered amount.
Physicians at IMC are Contracted as Follows
- All physicians are part of Medicare (except Medicare HMO)– some practices may be temporarily closed to new Medicare Patients. There may be some openings in the ABC Membership option for Medicare patients. Talk to our Intake staff for details.
- Physicians are NOT contracted with any HMO plans, including Medicare HMO.
- We cannot accept Medi-cal payments. Medi-cal patients can pay privately for services.
- Chiropractic coverage with Blue Cross.
For any services that are not covered, or only partially covered by insurance, the full fee is the total responsibility of the patient. We require payment at the time of service. We accept cash, checks and VISA & MASTERCARD. We send statements (bills) monthly for any outstanding balance. A service fee is charged if stated insurance coverage is not accurate and administrative time is needed to clarify coverage.
Drs. Barnett and Dozor, Family Doctors at IMC, offer to YOU what insurance coverage cannot offer the health care you have Imagined.