Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
MBSR uses meditation as the cornerstone for alleviating symptoms that are aggravated by stress. This program was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD and is used in many hospitals and medical centers worldwide.
“MBSR is a vehicle for learning, in which you can develop the skill in facing and effectively handling the various conditions in your life.” ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD
Research has proven 40% – 60% measurable improvements in living and coping with:
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Cancer diagnosis
- Memory issues and concentration
- Obesity and binge eating disorders
- Heart disease
- And many other distressing disabilities
- On-going classes taught on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month.
- Call IMC at 707.284.9200 and ask to speak with Beverly Benoit, MFT.
- There is a $25 cost per session.