Tonya Marie Hoffman, MD
My Intention in medical practice is to connect with patients mindfully, meet them at their level of readiness for improvement, and to provide motivation and insight for their health goals. By incorporating holistic integrative models with western medicine, the connection of psychosocial wellness and physical health becomes seamless, and most importantly, patient-directed.
Scope of Practice
Dr. Hoffman blends both traditional allopathic and integrative Medicine into her practice, with a strong belief in the tenets of functional medicine. Depending on patient preference, she explores herbal/mineral supplementation, and yoga therapeutics. As a Family Physician by training, she is comfortable seeing patients of all ages, and walks of life. She enjoys Women’s Health & gynecology, Pediatrics, musculoskeletal challenges, and seeks to optimize wellness in all those she works with.
Benefits of Functional Medicine
Since functional medicine addresses the body and its complex systems as a whole network, the approach Dr. Hoffman takes in addressing your health is very thorough. Dr. Hoffman spends more time than your average physician in getting to know you better by exploring your detailed health history of failures and successes, and discussing your current health challenges.
Often times, she has encountered those who have been dissatisfied with their current medical care, or who are seeking a better understanding of chronic or generalized symptoms that continue to exist, despite treatment.
She enjoys discussing adjunctive treatments for Autoimmune phenomena such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, and multiple sclerosis. She addresses chronic dermatologic issues, chronic gastrointestinal discomforts, hormonal imbalances, “nervous” minds/hearts/stomachs, and dispirited folks simply looking for relief. Or perhaps you are already quite healthy in mind and body, but have specific goals to discuss? She is most inspired by those who seek to heal themselves, and sees herself as a facilitator and partner in your wellness.
Education and Training
- Residency 2006 – 2009 Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program primarily housed at Sutter Hospital, with some experience at Kaiser Permanente & St. Joseph’s Memorial hospitals, & Southwest Community Health Centers in Santa Rosa.
- Doctor of Medicine 2002 – 2006 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice 2014 Scottsdale, AZ.
Licensure, Certifications & Memberships
- American Board of Family Medicine Board Certified
- American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine Certified Licensed Physician in State of California
- Sonoma County Medical Association Member
- California Academy of Family Physicians Member
- American Academy of Family Physicians Member
- International Association of Yoga Therapists Member
- Institute for Functional Medicine Member
Playing Pirates with my toddler, Beekeeping, Wine-making, Raising Chickens, Sailing, collecting LP Vinyls, Garage Sales, camping & hiking, Tango, baking/bread-making, experimenting with Herbs & Spices.
Tonya Hoffman is an independent practitioner and sole proprietor of Hoffman Health & Holistics, Inc. You may download Tonya’s Bio as a printable PDF here.